Friday, July 11, 2008

Joel 2:18-32

"Be glad, O people of Zion,

rejoice in the Lord your God,

for he has given you

the autumn rains in righteousness.

He sends you abundant showers,

both autumn and spring rains, as before.

The threshing floors will be filled with grain;

the vats will overflow with new wine and oil.

You will have plenty to eat, until you are full,

and you will praise the name of the Lord your God,

who has worked wonders for you;

never again will my people be shamed.

Then you will know that I am in Israel,

that I am the Lord your god,

and that there is no other;

never again will my people be shamed.



And afterward,

I will pour out my Spirit on all people.

I will show wonders in the heavens

and on the earth,

blood and fire and billows of smoke.

The sun will be turned to darkness

and the moon to blood

before the coming of the great and dreadful

day of the Lord.



And everyone who calls

on the name of the Lord will be saved."





Good News!



God's Spirit is available to anyone who calls on the Lord!


The Good News is that

everyone who calls on the name of the Lord
(according to God's Word)

will be saved!

No comments: