Friday, October 24, 2008

1 Corinthians 1: 10-19

"I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. What I mean is that One of you says, 'I follow Paul' another, 'I follow Apollos' another 'I follow Cephas, still another, 'I follow Christ.'

Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel - not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."

The power is in the message
not the messenger!
You don't need to be a great speaker with a
dynamic personality to share the gospel effectively.
The power is in the story, not the storyteller.
Also remember that we can spend a lifetime
accumulating human wisdom and yet never learn
how to have a personal relationship with God.
Spend time each day in the Word and in prayer
to come to know WHO God is
and WHAT Jesus did for you.

No comments: