Thursday, August 6, 2009

Time to ketchup. . . or should I say catch up!!!

Lake Tahoe
July 17-24-09
with Karen & Tom












Wow, my summer has been a whirl wind. I know when God directs your steps you never know how the day will go. When the phone rings you never know where it will lead. So every day becomes a God given adventure, and at the end of the day I consider it a blessing.



Mid July I spent time in beautiful Lake Tahoe with my husband, my sister Karen and her husband. We had a week of cool weather, great golfing, wonderful meals, and breathing in clean mountain air on our daily walks. We attended a concert under the stars one evening, when we saw Styx and REO Speedwagon. Then we went to a Celebrity Golf Tournament and got to talk to many celebrities & famous athletes (Including Tony Romo, Emmit Smith, Ray Ramano, and John Elway, just to name a few!) The sunsets were nice over the lake, but the sky was mostly clear, so there were no clouds to make it a WOW WEE sunset.


After the Bauers left, Rich and I went into Reno for another concert, probably the best one we have attended in years. Il Divo was performing their last concert in the states. These 4 guys were unbelievable, their voices were well trained instruments. Each song was a masterpiece in itself.


We arrived home on Sunday July 26th, and I headed for an unexpected trip to New York on Wednesday the 29th. My 83 year old Mom needed to be near her younger brother - 80 years old who had taken a fall, went to the hospital then to a nursing home. My sister in law was in the hospital for the week with several serious health issues. My cousin began breast cancer treatment. My other cousin had foot surgery. We stayed for the week with my aunt who is 87 and energetic. Each day she brings her husband home from the nursing home to care for him during the day (that is my mom's oldest brother 87.) While up there another uncle turned 92 and is being treated for Farmer's Lung. The good news is my aunt who is 93 is in great health.


PLEASE pray for my family in New York. The Winter Family and the Lund Family.


So tomorrow I will get back to my daily bible study of the Proverbs. I had long periods of time to pray each day and to be near to God. God showed himself to us is soooooooo many ways. Last night when I returned from New York, I received the very last seat on the standby list, so I got home at 8:30pm rather than 11:00pm.


Job 5:6-9
For hardship does not spring from the soil,
nor does trouble sprout from the ground.
Yet man is born to trouble
as surely as sparks fly upward.
But if it were I, I would appeal to God;
I would lay my cause before him.
He performs wonders that cannot be fathomed,
miracles that cannot be counted.

No comments: