Tuesday, September 1, 2009

1 Corinthians 1:10-17

"I appeal to you, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought. Some say there are quarrels among you. One of you says, "I follow Paul; another, 'I follow Appollos', another 'I follow Cephas', still another 'I follow Christ.'

Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Were you baptized into the name of Paul? Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel - not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power."

Unity in Christ
A group of people will not completely agree on every issue in a church, but they can work together harmoniously if they agree on what truly matters - Jesus Christ is Lord of all. Petty differences should never divide Christians.

Take note of the 10 times Paul (the author of this book) mentions the name of Jesus Christ in the first 10 verses. He was making a strong point to the Corinthians about the importance of emphasizing one person.

No comments: