Friday, September 25, 2009

1 Corinthians 9:24-27

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize?

Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.

Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.

No I beat my body and make it may slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

The Race
for the Eternal Prize
Winning a race requires purpose and discipline.
Paul uses this example to give us a visual.
Christian life takes hard work, self-denial and grueling preparation.
We are running toward our heavenly reward, and our training consists of daily prayer, bible study and worship, which will equip us to run with vigor and stamina.
Don't be a bystander, or to jog a couple of laps each morning.
Train diligently!!!
Paul also noted that he did not want to be disqualified for the prize.
It is easy to be the trainer who gives the advice to a team,
but we must practice what we preach!!!

No comments: