Tuesday, September 29, 2009

1Corinthians 10:14-33

"My dear friends, get as far away from the worship of false gods as you can. I'm talking to intelligent people. Judge for yourselves what I'm saying. When we bless the cup of blessing aren't we sharing in the blood of Christ? When we break the bread aren't we sharing in the body of Christ? Because there is one loaf, we are one body, although we are many individuals. All of us share one loaf.

I am saying that sacrifices which people make are made to demons and not to God. I don't want you to be partners with demons. You cannot drink the Lord's cup and the cup of demons. You cannot participate at the table of the Lord and at the table of demons. Are we trying to make the Lord jealous? Are we stronger than he is?

Someone may say, 'I'm allowed to do anything,' but not everything is helful. I'm allowed to do anything, but not everything encourages growth. People should be concerned about others and not just about themselves.

So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything to the glory of God. Don't cause others to stumble, whether they are Jewish, Greek, or members of God's church. I try to please everyone in every way. I don't think about what would be good for me but about what would be good for many people so that they might be saved."

No comments: