Tuesday, October 13, 2009

1 Corinthians 13:8-13

"Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see as a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these 3 remain; faith, hope and love.
But the greatest of these is love."
Love is the GREATEST!!!

According to my commentary, Corinth was morally corrupt at this time. Love had become a mixed up term with little meaning. Today people are still confused about love. Love IS the greatest of all human qualities, and it is an attribute of God himself.

With faith and hope in line, you are free to love completely because you understand how much God loves each of us. He sacrificed his only son that we might live. I have faith and hope in my God's promises and I desire to love completely anyone who comes into my life.

No comments: