Wednesday, December 16, 2009

2 Peter 1:10-18

"Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

So I will always remind you of these things, even though you know them and are firmly established in the truth you now have. I think it is right to refresh your memory as long as I live in the tent of this body, because I know that I will soon put it aside, as our Lord Jesus Christ has made clear to me. And I will make every effort to see that after my departure you will always be able to remember these things.

We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, 'This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain."

Outstanding coaches constantly
review the basics
Isn't that true in sports and in any activity that requires a firm foundation. We are forgetful by nature and sometimes the fundamentals fade as the years go by. We must not neglect the basics of our faith when we go on to study deeper truths. Take the attitude of an athlete who continues to practice and refine the basics even as he or she learns more advanced skills.

No comments: