Thursday, May 27, 2010

Acts 20:22-31

22"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

25"Now I know that none of you among whom I have gone about preaching the kingdom will ever see me again. 26Therefore, I declare to you today that I am innocent of the blood of all men. 27For I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. 28Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood. 29I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them. 31So be on your guard! Remember that for three years I never stopped warning each of you night and day with tears.

Paul's Farewell
to the Ephesian Elders
v.23 Paul knew what he could possibly face when he was told that hardship & suffering would be impending, but Paul did not shrink from fulfilling his mission.
v.24 Paul considered his life worth nothing unless he used it for God's work. What is more important to you? What you get out of life? OR What you put into life?
Paul was single minded, the most important goal of his life was to tell others about Christ (Phil. 3:7-13) It is no wonder that Paul was the greatest missionary who ever lived. He desired to live for God daily, at the sacrifice of his well being, his personal comfort, and his personal happiness.

No comments: