Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Acts 28:17-22

Paul Preaches at Rome Under Guard

17Three days later he called together the leaders of the Jews. When they had assembled, Paul said to them: "My brothers, although I have done nothing against our people or against the customs of our ancestors, I was arrested in Jerusalem and handed over to the Romans. 18They examined me and wanted to release me, because I was not guilty of any crime deserving death. 19But when the Jews objected, I was compelled to appeal to Caesar—not that I had any charge to bring against my own people. 20For this reason I have asked to see you and talk with you. It is because of the hope of Israel that I am bound with this chain."

21They replied, "We have not received any letters from Judea concerning you, and none of the brothers who have come from there has reported or said anything bad about you. 22But we want to hear what your views are, for we know that people everywhere are talking against this sect."


The Gospel in Chains

Paul wanted to preach the gospel in Rome, and he eventually got here - in chains, surviving a shipwreck and many trials. Although he may have wished for an easier passage, he knew that God had blessed him greatly in alloiwng him to meet the believers in Rome and preach the messge to both Jews and Gentiles in that great city. In all things, God worked for Paul's good (Romans 8:28). You can trust him to do the same for you.

God may not make you comfortable or secure, but He will provide the opportunity to do his work.

No comments: