Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Why do I do what I do?

The things I want to do I do not do.
The things I don't want to do I do.

I live for Christ yet there are times I don't understand why I did what I did? There is a war waging inside each of us. We pray for self-control, yet this action appears with regret afterwards.

God designed us with free will. That can be good and bad. We have the choice to choose to follow Christ or not. We have the choice to continue to sin or not.

Thanks be to God he provided a way for us to be free of the guilt and weight of sin in our lives through the sacrificial death of our Lord Jesus Christ. His blood atoned for our sins, just as the spotless lamb served the purpose for the sins in the Old Testament.

He died once for all. Setting us free from the bondage of sin under the law. Yes the law had a holy purpose, but for just a period of time before Jesus fulfilled the promise given to Abraham.

This war between good and evil will wage in me for as long as I live. Spiritually speaking however, I am free because of my faith and obedience. Our God is an awesome God, I do not fully understand His depth of love for me, but I believe what I read in the holy scriptures.

No comments: