Monday, January 24, 2011

Psalm 63

1 You, God, are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
I thirst for you,
my whole being longs for you,
in a dry and parched land
where there is no water.

2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your glory.
3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth will praise you.

6 On my bed I remember you;
I think of you through the watches of the night.
7 Because you are my help,
I sing in the shadow of your wings.
8 I cling to you;
your right hand upholds me.


*********************************************

O God, my God

I come before you with sincere thoughts and a humble heart.
It is you that I seek in this life here on earth. It is all about you
and not about me, myself & I. My richest pleasures are in
serving you by serving others. Truly my soul clings to you, and
I find rest and peace when I am still and I can hear you.

Thank you for your faithfulness, thank you for hearing me when
I lift concerns in prayer. Thank you for not growing weary with
me, but leading me to a greater understanding and a deeper
faith.

No comments: