Sunday, January 30, 2011

Psalm 91:1-8

1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.

*************************************************

O God, my heavenly Father,

I praise you for allowing me to find shelter and rest in the shadow you have provided. A refuge from the storm, a quiet place to go to that I can be still and know that You are near. You are my protector, my strength in times of uncertainty and fear. I trust in your promises and find peace in my life because your Word tells me so.

I love you Lord and want to dwell in your presence all the days of my life, I want to gaze upon your beauty, and I want to seek you in your temple.

No comments: