Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Psalm 102

Hear my prayer, O Lord,
let my cry for help come to you.
Do not hide your face from me
when I am in destress.
Turn your ear to me,
when I call, answer me quickly.

For my days vanish like smoke,
my bones burn like glowing embers.
My heart is blighted and withered like grass,
I forget to eat my food.
Because of my loud groaning
I am reduced to skin and bones.
I am like a desert owl,
like an owl among the ruins.
I lie awake, I have become
like a bird alone on a roof.
All day long my enemies taunt me,
those who rail against me use my name as a curse.
For I eat ashes as my food
and mingle my drink with tears
because of your great wrath,
for you have taken me up and thrown me aside.
My days are like the evening shadow,
I wither away like grass.

But you, O Lord, sit enthroned forever,
your renown endures through all generations.
You will arise and have compassion on Zion,
for it is time to show favor to her,
the appointed time has come.
The nations will fear the name of the Lord,
all the kings of the earth will revere your glory.
He will respond to the prayer of the destitute,
he will not despise their plea.


********************************************

Good Morning God,

I praise you God for answering my pleas, for leaning your ear to my feeble prayers for your strength and endurance. You have blessed me beyond all measure and my heart sings in gratitude not just for the many ways you have provided comfort for me and my family, but above all for the provision of my sins. It is all about your Son who died for me, that is the gift above all gifts, that Jesus died for me.

The psalmist writes from a heart and body that is in pain and grief, he had yet to know that you would provide a Savior, and a Holy Spirit to help us in our weaknesses. Why do people who struggle go it alone in this world? Why do they deny your Son as their Savior, why do they choose to think this world is their home? satin has a GRIP on them and has completely veiled their eyes and darkened their days, I pray for them, but it is their choice each day whom they will serve.

As for me and my house, WE WILL SERVE THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!!!

No comments: