Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Ruth 3:14-18

14 So she lay at his feet until morning, but got up before anyone could be recognized; and he said, “No one must know that a woman came to the threshing floor.”

15 He also said, “Bring me the shawl you are wearing and hold it out.” When she did so, he poured into it six measures of barley and placed the bundle on her. Then he went back to town.

16 When Ruth came to her mother-in-law, Naomi asked, “How did it go, my daughter?”

Then she told her everything Boaz had done for her 17 and added, “He gave me these six measures of barley, saying, ‘Don’t go back to your mother-in-law empty-handed.’”

18 Then Naomi said, “Wait, my daughterr, until you find out what happens. For the man will not rest until the matter is settled today.”

********************************************************

Do what you can do, then WAIT!!!

Naomi demonstrates what a wise woman she was. Look at how she carefully and timely led Ruth to be with Boaz. We do not get the whole story in the scriptures, just enough to know that God had favor on Ruth. I could imagine there was fervent prayer for Ruth's future and Naomi totally trusted her Almighty God to provide.

In this passage we see how she told Ruth to WAIT. We need to be wise in our actions, but not forceful in relationships. God is at work in the details and in the hearts of man. It should not amaze us what God is about to do in weaving lives together.

I love Psalm 5 "In the morning O Lord you hear my voice. In the morning O Lord I Iay my request before you and WAIT in expectation."
Wait upon the Lord, and watch what He will do in His time.!!!

No comments: