Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Love does not boast

Boasting, bragging, same thing. If you love others you do not have to show off! Besides, you would not have a thing to boast about if it were not for the blessings of our Heavenly Father.

Paul expresses his love for Christ in Philippians 3. Anything that was to his profit, anything that he could possibly boast about he considered it loss for the sake of Christ. v. 8 "What is more, I consider everything a loss comapred to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in him."

We will not take our possessions, "our stuff" with us when we pass from this world. If we must boast, BOAST about your savior Jesus, and what he has done for us!

No comments: