Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Promise from Exodus 33:19

"The LORD said to Moses, "I will make all My goodness pass before you and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion."

*****************************************

It does not therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy. For the Scripture says to Pharaoh; "I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth." Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden. Romans 9:15-18

Therefore, it is not by works that we will be saved, but simply by the mercy that our Heavenly Father graciously bestows upon us.

No comments: