Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Promise from 2 Corinthians 1:20-22

"No matter how many promises God has made, they are ALL "YES" in Christ. So we shout "AMEN" to the glory of God. Now it is God who makes us stand firm in Christ.

He annoints us.
Sets his seal of ownership on us.
And puts his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit guaranteeing what is to come!!!

*****************************************

Paul was telling the Corinthians that All of God's promises of what the Messiah would be like are fulfilled in Christ. Jesus was completely faithful in his ministry; he never sinned; he faithfully died for us; and now he faithfully intercedes for us. And we can trust God to keep his promises today.

I love the thought of the Holy Spirit being deposited in me. If I had a bank book, like in the olden days, I would see where I would grow my account by adding to the funds. But this deposit was made by God!! PRICELESS

Think how valuable you are!!!

No comments: