Monday, August 4, 2008

Amos 5

v.21-27
"I hate, I despise your religious feasts:
I cannot stand your assemblies.
Even though you bring me burnt offerings
and grain offerings,
I will not accept them.
Though you bring choice fellowship offerings,
I will have no regard for them.
Away with the noise of your songs!
I will not listen to the music of your harps.
But let justice roll on like a river,
righteousness like a never-failing stream!

Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings
40 years in the desert, O house of Israel?
You have lifted up the shrine of your king,
the pedestal of your idols,
the star of your god -
which you made for yourselves.
Therefore I will send you into exile beyond Damascsus,
says the Lord, whose name is God Almighty."


Think About This

Although Amos is writing about the Lord's rejection of Israel's worship,
do you see similarities to what is going on in our churchs today?
Worshiping God is not about what we want to do to please God.
It is All about what God has commanded of us to do,
and then our obedience to His authority.
We must know what God has commanded us to do,
or God will reject our forms of worship as well.

No comments: