Friday, October 10, 2008

Zechariah 13

v. 7-9

"Awake, O sword, against my shepherd,
against the man who is close to me!'
declares the Lord Almighty.
'Strike the shepherd,
and the sheep will be scattered,
and I will turn my hand against the little ones.'

'In the whole land,' declares the Lord,
'2/3's will be struck down and perish;
yet 1/3 will be left in it.'

'This 1/3 I will bring into the fire;
I will refine them like silver
and test them like gold.
They will call on my name
and I will answer them;'
I will say, 'They are my people,'
and they will say, 'The Lord is our God."


Amazing Prophesy
Of course Jesus knew beforehand that his disiples would scatter when he was arrested. The Roman "sword" was the military power that put Christ to death.

I want to be part of God's remnant, that small part of the whole that is obedient to him. I really don't care what the rest of the world does. There will be trials and troubles at times, but with trials comes purification, just as gold and silver are refined. I want to be more like Christ!

No comments: