Monday, June 6, 2011

John 13:35

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you MUST love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

**************************

If we act like the rest of the world, how will we be recognized as followers of Christ? This week concentrate on letting others get ahead of us. Whether it be letting someone in line at the grocery store go ahead of you, OR coming to a stop light and letting everyone else go ahead of you, OR anywhere there is a wait, GO LAST!!!

It always impresses me when someone else allows me to go first. The mind thought that rushes through my brain is that person must be very thoughtful, and a loving person.

Jesus said to his disciples in Matthew 19:28-30 "I can guarantee this truth: When the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne in the world to come . . . everyone who gave up homes, brothers or sisters, father, mothers, children or fields because of my name will receive a hundred times more and will inherist eternal life. However, many who are first will be last, and many who are last will be first."

No comments: