Tuesday, June 7, 2011

John 15:17

Jesus said, "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends, IF you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

This is my command: Love each other!"

********************

We are to love each other deeply as Jesus loved us. We may not have to die for someone, but there are other ways to practice sacrificial love:
by listening
by helping
by encouraging
by giving.

Think of someone in particular who needs this kind of love today. Give all the love you can, and then try to give a little bit more.

No comments: